Letters that served as the magic sparks behind two manuscripts, as well as ongoing inspirations for both writing and my life.
- BWLF— Grendel steps into an Alabama governor’s race.
- The American Stage – A determined young woman writes a scathing musical to express her frustrations with the 45th presidency and her concerns for the world.
- Finding Dimitri – Marten Sorensen wakes up to unravel what really happened in Pinochet’s Chile. (You can also listen to the author reading).
- The Northern Spy – A secret service agent struggles to survive both Rasputin and the Russian Revolution.
- Silver and the Angels— A history of Western civilization (with ‘vampires’) unravels from the Roman era to the present.
- Sleeping Sickness— Corporate rules apply in asking for a raise.
- Dog: A Novel for Our Time— The war between the humanities and authoritarianism is explained by a Labrador Retriever named “Mendel.”
- Fremin – A 15th century French poet, friend of François Villon, seeks absolution from the brothers at Fontenay-le-Comte.
- Afterlife – A travel writer discovers the White Mountains, ghosts, and what might have happened to JFK.
- Manhattan Wildelife – A conversation with a Chinese goddess leads to solving eight mysteries in Manhattan.
- Recurrence – The Lee Harvey Oswald labyrinth becomes a centerpiece for navigating the JFK whirlwind.
- From Another World – This memoir is a nonfiction exploration of the American prison system via a writing workshop in Green Haven prison, with connections to Allen Ginsberg, Paul Simon, Pete Seeger, and more. Here “the Capeman” seeks release.
- In Passages ibn kenyatta’s (K’s) brutal run-in with a transit policeman in 1974 At the Subway.
Finding humor in our current chaos.
Drawings by Author
I have also enjoyed writing for theatre, including two plays, and book and lyrics for two musicals.
- Listen to music from “Rasputin the Magic Reality Show”
- Listen to a short sampling of tunes (on iTunes) from “The Demigod of East 78th Street “
- Homepage: Dennis with Lucky, taken by his daughter, Melanie Claire Drogseth
- Passages: A copy of a charcoal drawing of Billie Holiday done by K in prison
- Poems: Chimpanzees pondering the quality of water at the Sydney Zoo
- Christo’s “Gates:” (Bio, Works, Contact Me) – taken by the author in February of 2005